REST

Started designing my app last night. I had most of it in mind, so I just started hammering it out. I know, not the best way to do it, but sometimes you just have to get into the code.

A few days ago, I wanted to get more in sync with Rails and REST before, so I did some reading online. Something I enjoyed was this article (and the subequent parts) from SoftiesOnRails.com.

With REST fresh in mind, design goes really smoothly. There's only one place (yet) in my app where I'm feeling like I can't use one of the seven basic actions provided by a RESTful conroller.

It has to do with a "wizard" model where when a user is creating a new Widget we break it up into a few steps. So, I'm using the create action for the first page of the wizard, and then I guess I need to do some sort of update for the subequent pages. I'm not sure...haven't really researched it yet, but there must be a right way to do this.

No comments: