How To Make the Debugger Work with RadRails

I've finally got the debugger working with Aptana's RadRails.

I've had the debugger working for awhile, but I was experiencing a problem where the current line, i.e. the current execution line, wasn't being highlighted. Actually, the source file of the current line wasn't being even opened.

After trolling around various messages boards, etc., I learned that the bug has been fixed in the latest beta version of RadRails. Here’s a post on how to do that: http://www.aptana.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2939

Personally, I had to manually add the update site in order to get it to work, although you might not have that experience. Of course, it took me awhile to figure out how to do this...here you go:


  • Go to Help > Software Updates > Find and Install

  • Select "Search for new features to install" and click "Next"

  • Click the button on the right for "New Remote Site"

  • Enter:

    • Name: RadRails Beta

    • URL: http://update.aptana.com/update/rails/beta/3.2/site.xml


  • Click 'OK'

  • Check the box next to "RadRails Beta"

  • Click the "Finish" button.


Now the update should download and install.

No comments: